Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default DeWalt #705 12" CMS at Costco

On 1/29/14, 6:33 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/29/2014 5:04 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 1/29/2014 4:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Most tool companies don't give a crap where you bought their tool
if it's new-in-the box. When you register it with their warranty
department, as long as you have a receipt showing it was bought
new, they will register the warranty. I bought a new-in-box saw
at a flea market once and the company honored the purchase.

But more specific to the topic, ALL Dewalt tools purchased at
ANY retailer, including Costco and Sams, are covered under
Dewalts warranties, according to their customer service. More
old wives tales, as is par for the course in here.

EXACTLY! To add, Costco will provide a full refund for ANY
merchandise purchased from them.

For how long?

"We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full
refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a
refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders,
touchscreen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones."

Other than those things, you can return an item at any time, for any
reason. Now, I'm pretty sure they'd cancel membership of someone who
continually abused that policy.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)