Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default DeWalt #705 12" CMS at Costco

On 1/29/2014 4:01 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:19:49 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/29/2014 1:35 PM,
wrote:
On Tuesday, May 12, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Andy Audette wrote:
costco is not an authorized dewalt dealer, so if you buy any dewalt tool
you should watch yourself, for warranty reasons, and exchange polocies,
etc. they buy tools elseware and sell them for uder what they pay in
order to get you in the door.

ROTFLMAO

You might be surprised that these type stores, Sam's Club, Cosco, are
not authorized dealers for much of anything. For the most part you are
on your own for warranty repairs on most every thing that they sell,
unless you buy their service contract.

I don't remember a manufacturer asking me where I bought something,
other than for marketing reasons (I don't answer).

That is correct and FWIW you don't even have to register the product to
have it repaired under warranty, you just have to have some date of
reference of when it was purchased.

But if I am buying something that would be difficult for me to return to
an authorized repair facility for warranty repairs I am not buying it
from a store that does not get involved in the process.

There are certain things that one expects the retailer to take care of
with in a reasonable period of time. If the retailer refers me to the
manufacturer I buy it elsewhere.

You buy it from those stores and it is up to you and the manufacturer to
remedy any problems. If I buy from either I expect to handle any
problems with the product on my own. Been there, done that.