Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For a good laugh, check out the Nest thermostat....

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:12:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:03:11 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:12:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 09:51:01 -0700, "WW"

wrote:

wrote in message

I first heard about this a couple years ago and the whole

problem. You come home from work sick, set it to 72 and

then it just proceeds to do whatever it wants and you

don't even know what it plans to do. So, 30 mins later,

it .

The FETS are apparently failing all over the place and

when they fail, they fail ON. So, you have many people

reporting that the Nest has either the heat or the AC

on constantly. Some have BOTH on at the same time!

There are reports of people coming home when it's 20F

outside and finding their AC running. And this from

a widget that was gonna save you money.

Snip

I use a thermostat called Ultra Bought them several years ago. Running 6

zones on hot water heat and 1 zone on AC. Can set for 4 changes a day and

vary the changes for each day. Have had no problems . If I recall they cost

less than $40. WW

Is connected to your router via WiFi? If so, maybe I'm interested.

What, google's broken? There are lots of thermostats that

are wifi now and that work, unlike apparently the Nest.

You ****in' illiterate idiot. I was asking if his $40 thermostat was

wifi connected.

Heh, don't get all sore at me. I'm not the one that paid $250 for
a thermostat that doesn't have a simple hold button.

PS: You can get a real wifi thermostat for less than half that.