Greg Millen

Default Info on latex paint

G'day Phil,

we call latex "acrylic" which is described as"

"Acrylic paints are a synthetic media made by suspending pigment in
synthetic polymer emulsified by water. They are essentially plastic paints
that are water-soluble and have good adhesive qualities. They are very
stable. They resist oxidization and chemical decomposition, and will not
yellow over time."

SA and OZ are somewhat similar so I expect you use the same name.

cheers,

Greg

"Phil Hansen" wrote in message ...
There is a lot of mention of the us of latex paint.
I have never come across latex paint here (South Africa). Phoned one of
the major paint companies today. The only latex paint they have is for
coating the inside of spray booths. When covered with overspray it is
peeled off and recoated.
What is the latex paint that is so often mentioned?
What is it used for?
What is the thinner?

Just need to know G
Thanks