Craig

Default Handyman Club of America - WTF?

Morris Dovey wrote:

Craig wrote:

Well, spit it out for goodness sake and try to say something
intelligent. Do you always reply with something as stupid in
response to someone describing an event? Or maybe you can tell
me how I have gone wrong so far, moron. Maybe I should have
lurked this group for a bit to discover who is the ever
present idiot that every group seems to have resident.

I'm resisting the urge to agree that you'd already found him (and I'm
not referring to Leon, who is a well-regarded regular here).

I'm glad you're aware of the wisdom of lurking for a while before
posting to a new group. The practice /does/ seem to help many people
avoid appearing to be boorish idiots in front of an international audience.

Welcome to rec.woodworking.

I did get around to reading a bit of this and that.
I only posted here because this what the #1 that came up with Google that some
folks had posted about that HCofA. - I am pretty sure that this is same group
that I read stuff a few years ago and got some laughs about the trash gizmos
sent out - and that folks who were sucker enough to send them money never got
the following stuff promised.
And glue spreaders - I loved that. - Got a kick out of folks describing the
wire gage they got that was accurate to ... - well, I suppose it would measure
and tell that a pencil was thicker than a thread. - Plastic? LOL - I gots gages
that is hard steel that I'd be fearful to drop on the floor. - Well, not that
hard I am sure. I'd think that anyone could look at some Romex and know the gage
well enough - or he ought not be monkeying with it in serious house wiring if he
cannot tell what size he is using by looking at it.
As far as that I am trying to think of last time I might have needed a drill
gage. I got some cheap dial calipers that serves me well enough if i want to
whittle and/or thread something on my lathe. - Hey! I am poor and had to create
my own thread cutters. - Don't know squat what I am a bout but I seem to be able
to figure out what I need to.

Anyway. This Handyman Club ...etc I have found entertaining - and profitable -
so far. Seems that folks in these here parts is of more serious mind and set in
their ways than Iyam.
Oh well. Leon is a well regarded regular here even if he has presented his self
to me as a wank. BFD. I been greeted by way more bitchy on entering some
newsgroup. - And no matter if I mad bad impression and got killfiled by everyone
for getting into a row with some local object of worship even. If I did happen
to need something it was easy enough to come back with different nym and ask. ;-)

Anyway - thanks for the welcome.
And if I get threats from Handywhoever I will come back and tell about it for
sake of there might be some who might find it entertaining whether they want to
give some Leon smart-ass response or whatever. ;-)

For now I think I will give more study to being drunk.

--
We might have to disrupt the democratic process because the terrorists might try
to disrupt the democratic process.