Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default brand of sticky back zip tie mounting blocks?

Anyone recommend one that actually works?

I ran some wires for surround sound in the basement (rented place) and owner didn't want me taking down the paneling. So I used sticky backs, but they've all failed and now the wires are dangling and looking all ghetto. Problem is the sticky part is sticking to the paneling but not the plastic of the sticky back itself! When they started coming down I got some 3M double stick tape and wiped the surfaces with alcohol, that also sticks to the paneling but the plastic block falls off of that too.

So I guess I need to find a different product and start over. What is the "real stuff?" The ones that are falling down are probably G-B as I'm assuming I got them at Lowe's.

thanks

nate