Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT what have I done?

In message , fred writes
In article , Mike Tomlinson
writes
In article , fred writes

A tip is that most things it identifies as PUPs (Potentially Useful
Programs)

Potentially *unwanted* programs, I think you meant.

Quite right, thank you :-)

Also, I've realised my suggestion to disconnect the network connection
and run from safe mode may stop the prog updating before running which
is pretty much essential. I ran a fix on a box using MAB over Christmas
only to have it re-infect itself in the New Year as the MAB definitions
were just a month out of date and had missed the hook for the re-infection.

The alternative is to let then prog update then disconnect before the
disinfection process.

Spotted that. 199 days overdue. Starting in safe mode is problematic.
The initial displays are too fast to read so I don't know when to hit
F8. The initial run was done in normal set up. Bloody slow loading!

--
Tim Lamb