Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT Beef at the supermarket. butcher shop?

On 1/28/2014 2:47 PM, Tom Fields wrote:
On 01/28/2014 03:27 PM, dpb wrote:
On 1/28/2014 12:51 PM, Tom Fields wrote:
On 01/28/2014 11:51 AM, dpb wrote:
On 1/28/2014 10:30 AM, Tom Fields wrote:

Our local supermarket stocks both. Both are profitable.

Which would that be? And where located?

Actually, several area supermarkets have both.

I'd estimate that 20% of the produce section at each store is non-GMO
organics.

And of course there's http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com if you're lucky
enough to have one nearby.

That's got to be a sizable (and reasonably affluent) market then for
folks to have the wherewithal and time to worry over nothing...

Right! So you should have a nice big glass of glyphosate with your
dinner this evening. Bottoms up!

I'm not concerned by Roundup ready beans or other crops the least as far
as the effect on food value/safety. That will have to alter our
practices for preventing development of resistant weed species is a real
effect. But, while that is so, the furor raised negates the fact that
similar mutations have occurred for thousands of years and there's
really no difference other than it's possible to select particular
traits more quickly than by successive breeding or manual hybridization.

I _do_ wash produce even from own garden prior to eating it...