Posted to alt.home.repair
Lab Lover Lab Lover is offline

Default Chainsaw Spark Plug

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 20:46:37 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Jeff Wisnia posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Pavel314 wrote:
I cut down a few trees this past weekend and was sawing them into logs when the chainsaw stopped suddenly. I'd last used the saw in the fall and had no problems with it. When I tried to start it again, it wouldn't and there seemed to be less resistance to the pull than earlier. I was getting near the end of the day anyway, so I packed up and went home.

I checked the saw and found that the spark plug was a bit loose. I tightened it and it ran perfectly. I've never had this happen before with any small engines. I wouldn't have thought that vibrations would loosen it, as it's attached to the wire with a tight rubber boot. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Paul

Anyone here old enough to remember when spark plugs could be disassembled?

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html

Jeff

Neat, the original Splitfire plug! I had parts
like that laying around when I was a child that I
had no idea what they were. Some Ford late model
truck engines have inserts like that.

Couldn't you use that in spark gap transmitter?

Only if you are on the Titanic or Carpathia........