Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT what have I done?

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 29/01/14 11:08, Tim Lamb wrote:
Excellent Fred! I do use Firefox as default browser but keep Explorer as
an alternative for sites that limit your access.

???

It must be YEARS since I found a site that wouldn't work with firefox ...

Are there really some left?

Well I had to line up some CISCO analogue telephone adapter units the
other day via the web interface and some of the facilities on the config
screen just weren't there..

Try as I might I couldn't get them to open so I could do a firmware
upgrade Nothing on the CISCO support site anywhere .. so just gave
up;(..

Came back to it a few days later and thought is there anything I
overlooked and accidentally opened it this time in Chrome and
mysteriously there're all there.

No mention of the browser to use in the manual!

I am going to struggle recognising what can safely be removed. Anyway no
online purchases or bank access FTTB.

--
Tony Sayer