Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default OT what have I done?

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:16:34 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

In a momentary fit of insanity I allowed an offering of Explorer 8.0 (I
think) to download.

The only visible consequence is an overnight firing up of Explorer such
that I am greeted each morning with a Windows related advert.
Curiously the screen is prevented from entering sleep mode.

Today's offering was for a Windows driver scanner for a Brother printer.

I call malware. That certainly isn't normal IE8 behaviour.

IE8 should have long been upgraded by Windows Update. Where did this
"offering" come from...?