Eric Ryder

Default Nailer Query

Some locales require round head (Cali?).

I like Bostich' wire collated clipped head when I'm framing walls, etc
onsite, etc. The nails fit in a belt better and take less damage than coils
or paper/plastic collated strips if you sit on them or drop 'em. You do
have to mind the fastener depth with thin sheathing - it's pretty easy to
blast a nailhead 2/3 of the way through 1/2" plywood.

I have a couple Bostich N-80 series stick guns (clipped head). If I was
buying tomorrow, I'd get another or look into a Hitachi stick gun.

Oh, and plastic collated full head nails shower your eyes with plastic
fragments (not nice for overhead work).

Coil guns typically hold more nails (120 vs 90?). This makes them generally
heavier than stick guns. If I did a ton of floor and roof decking I'd
probably get one. The plastic magazines on the Bostich coil guns get
fubar-d on occasion.

If the air is plugged in, treat them like a .45 and you won't be wearing any
nails

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
.. .
Folks -

I am thinking about getting a framing nailer. Do Y'all have any
recommendations or things to look for - clipped head vs round, stick vs
coil?

All I have is a brad nailer, so this is a bit more... Don't want to end up
like that guy with 7 nails in his noggin!

TIA

John Moorhead