Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default softening the startup load on my table saw?

"robobass" wrote in message
I have a Sheppach table saw which constantly blows the fuse on
startup. On the motor it says 14.5 amps at 230 volts, which I
interpret to be about 4 1/2 horsepower. I share my power with a
bathroom fixtures supplier, and they have the keys to the fuse box.
Daytimes it's no problem. They are friendly enough about switching my
power back on. But, if they aren't there and the power goes off, then
I'm stuck for the day. People have suggested UPS's, but I don't see
any fit for my application. Any way to simply limit the current spike
for this motor on startup?

http://www.ametherm.com/inrush-curre...t-limiter.html
jsw