Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, More Global Warming Hits Alabamastan

On 1/28/2014 7:10 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:47:51 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/28/2014 4:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Central Alabamastan is all but shut down with parents being
told they should leave their children at school if they can't
safely get to the school to pick them up. The governor had a
news conference about the state of emergency where he has
called out some of the National Guard and the State Emergency
Management Agency has activated all its resources. The ice and
snow was forecast to hit the Southern part of the state so most
of the limited snow clearing equipment was sent South and will
take days to make it back to Northern Alabama. We aren't used
to this nonsense and folks from The South don't know how to
drive on ice and snow so the frigging roads are clogged.
Birmingham is a mountainous area with a lot of hills and
vehicles can't get up the hills and are sliding down them.
People are being asked to stay off the roads but there are
those idiots who don't get it. I live on top of one of the
mountains in the area and there is no way I would think of
pulling out of the driveway. o_O

TDD

There are a few safe drivers in PRNY, but very few. I get out on
the road, and people fly by me, on either right or left, but most
often the right. When possible, I do stay home.

There are still 1,200 children at school, sheltering in place here
in Birmingham.

The idiots in Atlanta did exactly the same. Lefties are really
dumb.

It's 19°F and the roads are iced over now so there's no idea of
what tomorrow will be like but schools across a number of counties
will be closed and I'm betting most businesses will also be closed.
^_^

Yep. I'm not counting on going to work tomorrow.

The problem here in Birmingham is black ice and since I'm on top of a
mountain, I wouldn't pull out of the driveway. It's 19°F and a lot of
roads in the area are impassable and closed. Earlier in the month the
temperature here dropped to around 7°F but people could still drive. I
be cold and Sandy keeps wanting to get in my lap because it's freezing
down there on the floor. o_O

TDD