Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah[_3_] gonjah[_3_] is offline

Default read the comments for this big TV

On 1/28/2014 11:47 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/28/2014 06:09 AM, gonjah wrote:

I don't even have a TV

I'm always amazed to hear about people with *no* TV. WTS: I sort of miss
those days. I just "cut my cable" service this week but I still have
antenna and Netflix. (and Amazon prime)

Years ago, as soon as cable TV became available I signed up at once.
Even though it's true that most of the stuff on TV is pure junk...
there was still plenty of stuff that I got addicted to...such as the
History Channel.

I liked the HC too.

FWIW: I just hooked up my HD antenna for the first time today and the
picture is better than the cable for the local stations. But, of course,
I wasn't paying extra for HD cable.

I just need to work out the DVR situation.

TIVO requires a $20/mth subscription and I don't know if "Simple TV" has
worked the bugs out yet. Last I checked, Simple TV was getting horrible
reviews for "simple" over the air recordings w/o a subscription.

https://www.simple.tv/#overview

Seems to me someone should make a decent over the air DVR. I mean, we
did put a man on the moon! (or did we?)