Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, More Global Warming Hits Alabamastan

On 1/28/2014 4:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Central Alabamastan is all but shut down with parents being told
they should leave their children at school if they can't safely get
to the school to pick them up. The governor had a news conference
about the state of emergency where he has called out some of the
National Guard and the State Emergency Management Agency has
activated all its resources. The ice and snow was forecast to hit
the Southern part of the state so most of the limited snow clearing
equipment was sent South and will take days to make it back to
Northern Alabama. We aren't used to this nonsense and folks from
The South don't know how to drive on ice and snow so the frigging
roads are clogged. Birmingham is a mountainous area with a lot of
hills and vehicles can't get up the hills and are sliding down
them. People are being asked to stay off the roads but there are
those idiots who don't get it. I live on top of one of the
mountains in the area and there is no way I would think of pulling
out of the driveway. o_O

TDD

There are a few safe drivers in PRNY, but very few. I get out on the
road, and people fly by me, on either right or left, but most often
the right. When possible, I do stay home.

There are still 1,200 children at school, sheltering in place here in
Birmingham. It's 19°F and the roads are iced over now so there's no idea
of what tomorrow will be like but schools across a number of counties
will be closed and I'm betting most businesses will also be closed. ^_^

TDD