Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For a good laugh, check out the Nest thermostat....

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:57:16 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:05:16 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:49:29 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:53:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Then there is the issue that since it's wifi connected,
Nest can download new software to it at any time and
you have no option to decline.

A poster recently said here, he gets advertisements on his Nest.

When did you start believing what "posters recently said here"?

I like my Nest. I *don't* like Google owning them.

Where did I say I believed? Point me to it.

You repeated it. That, alone, gives it some credence. ;-)

SMS (?) is the poster that made the comment. Ask him about messages HE
said he received on his stupid-assed Nest.

Do a Google search for the fairly recent thread article,

Because you bought into the early concept of Nest, doesn't mean
others did.

I "bought into" it because it solved a problem (house vacant for maybe
a year). I don't really care what others "bought into". If you don't
want the features, no skin off my nose. I'm not a lefty.