Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ismo Salonen Ismo Salonen is offline

Default Owon oscilloscope power supply schema or part info?

I'm repairing owon pds5022 where the power supply is bad. The U3 chip is
burn beyond any real markings. It is 5 pin smd, SOT-25 package.
I've drawn the schema on paper and it looks like pin3 is input ( fed via
resistor), pin2 is ground, pin1 could be feedback. Pins 4&5 are
connected together and act as output, there is also connection to pin1
to connector with small condensator and inductor.
The markings are so small that I cannot read them even with magnifier
glass (I'm getting old:-( ) , need stereomicroscope to read them.
The U3 could have markings 510B but cannot tell if that's correct.
The B can also be some manufacturer logo, code could also be upside down.

I've ruled out a couple smd regulators ( Torek brand ) , any idea what
component could really be ? Owon has not answered to my query.

ismo