Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default (OT) Cellphone batteries

wrote:
Is it normal for cellphone batteries to get warm when in use? I have a
simple phone, LG 221c. If I'm on the phone for awhile, the rear of the
phone gets very warm by the battery. Also, when I get a beep that says
the battery needs charging, the rear of the phone gets very warm too. I
have noticed that the battery does not last as long as it used to,
however, it's been very cold weather, and it's often outside in my car,
so I assume that has something to do with it. Yet, it seesm that even
in the house it needs charging more than it used to. I suppose like all
batteries, it's getting weak. The phone is about one year old. But
getting warm like that has me concerned. I have heard about some cell
batteries exploding.

Thanks for all replies

Might be battery trouble. All phones of mine got warm because it's
outputting power, an also dissipating power in transmit. Mostly in a weaker
signal area, it will go to full power.

I had a panasonic which I mostly left plugged into charger. After maybe a
year, the battery was getting fatter. I finally replaced it, but still
worked.

Greg