Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default German architect gets one-year sentence in death of L.A. firefighter

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Tekkie® wrote:

My quick response is the since he "is" an
architect and probably licensed he is responsible
for a higher standard than a homeowner.

Does that hold true for all professions?

If I accidentally shoot my wife should I get a lighter sentence than a cop
that accidentally shoots his wife?

If I accidentally poison my neighbor should I get a lighter sentence than a
doctor that accidentally poisons his neighbor?

I cannot answer those questions. However in the
state I reside the operator of an emergency
vehicle has a "duty to drive with due regard for
the safety of all persons." This means that if
the operator does not "exercise due caution" (
like stopping or slowing) even for a green light
and the driver of another vehicle runs a red and
causes a crash the operator of EV will be held at
fault. You better have your EVOC certs up to
snuff.

--
Tekkie