Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default (OT) Cellphone batteries

Is it normal for cellphone batteries to get warm when in use? I have a
simple phone, LG 221c. If I'm on the phone for awhile, the rear of the
phone gets very warm by the battery. Also, when I get a beep that says
the battery needs charging, the rear of the phone gets very warm too. I
have noticed that the battery does not last as long as it used to,
however, it's been very cold weather, and it's often outside in my car,
so I assume that has something to do with it. Yet, it seesm that even
in the house it needs charging more than it used to. I suppose like all
batteries, it's getting weak. The phone is about one year old. But
getting warm like that has me concerned. I have heard about some cell
batteries exploding.

Thanks for all replies