Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Health of posters

On 1/27/2014 6:58 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
news:lc5jk3 :

He has been to an orthopedist but I'm not sure what the outcome of
that was but I know he got some elastic supports and he told me
seemed to help a bit but with the weather bouncing around he's
almost in as much pain as I'm in. The important thing is, he
learned how to beat a real killer that causes health problems to
get much worse. o_O

Hi Dufey,

I'm confused. In some of your posts you mention being "disabled" (on
SSDI) and in other posts you mention how you are still "pulling comm
cables", presumably for pay. How do you get SSDI while getting paid
to work and paying the IRS? (You do declare the income right?)

The reason I ask is that I would also like to get disability while
working.

I don't get paid, I help my roommate with his business so I can get out
of the house and not die from inactivity. I may actually get out in the
field one or two days a month but I can do paperwork, order materials,
watch for bids online and plan jobs. JH can't operate the network cable
verifier which tests the frequency response of Cat-X network cables and
will produce a printout of the test results. When I go out and help JH,
it may take me a couple of weeks to recover from the outing and my
hospice nurse would scold me for exerting myself. I can't climb ladders
anymore or crawl around under things without paying a high price for the
activity. I've been on SSDI for less than a year and I spent over a
month total in the hospital last year. I could go out in the field and
supervise an able bodied person who can climb and crawl plus I could
instruct them in the proper way to do the job but I'll have to do it
from a chair or something to support me like my walker. When I was in my
50's I could climb like a monkey, now I just look like one. I don't live
to work, I work to live. I can teach a sober person who has less than a
genius level IQ to do a lot of different things if they're willing to
work at it. ^_^

TDD