Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw

On 23 Jul 2004 08:26:12 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Someone noted he had two panel saws, one fitted for regular cutting, one for
dados. Sounds like fun, but his shop must be the size of a blimp hanger. I'm
not at all sure, either, how large a dado set one of them would swing, nor how
will it does tilted, nor how well a molding head would fit, nor...just a whole
bunch of things. Can you do a stopped dado? And on from there.

panel routers used to be just the ticket for that kind of application.
CNC has now made them all but obsolete.

Charlie Self
"I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.' "
Garrison Keillor