Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Indoor antenna WHFand UHF ?

Higgs Boson wrote:
Got rid of cable and looking for INDOOR antenna. Neighbor got one from Best Buy, about $50, looks like fishbones? gets great reception in her window.

I went on-line & quickly overwhelmed by choices & not knowing what's important,

Desirable: ?

Multi-directional. Important in flat area with good reception?

VHF +and+ UHF. ? Some stations still broadcast VHF ?

Price: Varies widely. Don't want to penny-pinch but also not be sucker for fancy equipt for gaming, etc.

Digital: Only way to go?

Your recommendations welcome, keeping in mind this is flat area, So Calif coastal

HB

Hi,
WHF? You mean VHF, right? There are many you tube how to's home brewing
antenna. It all depends what channels you watch and distance to the
TV station tower. Those indoor ones contain broad band low noise
amplifier if it is plug in variety. I assembled a small Log periodic
antenna using 1x2 wood piece and handful of Al rods used for
welding. Designed to receive high VHF band signal from about 100 miles
away. This antenna is hung on the rafter in the attic upstairs. Works
just fine. Digital antenna is marketing ploy. Antenna does not know it
is receiving digital or analog TV signal.