Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default spray-can cap conundrum

"Tdacon" wrote in message ...
Any of you old-timers in the same fix I'm in? I was trying to wrench the glass-slick cap off a
spray can of Minwax urethane finish last night, and these old hands have lost so much grip
strength since I was young that I couldn't get the dang thing off no matter how I tried. I was
eventually reduced to jamming a long screwdriver right through the cap and levering the wreckage
off of the can. When I was done I looked down at the mess I'd made of it and just shook my head.

Your basic old Krylon cap is a bit easier, but not much. Often I end up slipping a flat-bladed
screwdriver tip under one edge and levering it off, trying not to break it in the process.

Anybody have any good ideas for me?

Thanks,
Tom

Squeeze the cap in the vise until you can pop it off then throw it away.
Art