Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Backfeed generator through dryer outlet?

On 1/26/2014 12:40 AM, bud-- wrote:

I looked at installing a transfer switch.
Looks like I'd have to replace the meter box and put all the
switching and input breakers in that. Not impossible, but more
hassle and expense than I'd like.

You may be able to put a panel outside with a service disconnect (solves
the problem above) and a generator breaker and an interlock. May still
be "more hassle and expense than you'd like".

This was all about a solution looking for a problem.
I got a great deal on a generator and snapped it up before
I learned about all the issues to install it.
Power rarely goes out here anyway.