Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 12:07:27 +0000, bert wrote:

Land Registry do not have old deeds digitised(?) on line. You have to
dig deep to find them. I own the land right up to the road, but service
organisations have way leave for pipes and cables and right of access
for servicing. BGAS engineer tried to tell my neighbour that the land
was theirs but we soon put him right. No poles to worry about

Umm.. A way leave is a legal agreement between the owner of the land and
the utility provider. How this works for a housing development is beyond
my knowledge. Perhaps the original site owner makes the agreement which
may then be noted in the individual Land Registry records.

It was covered by covenants on the original deeds along with other
restrictions such as not keeping chickens. These were classified as "old
deeds" on the LR site which simply meant they were held in image format
and not searchable. There was no implication as to any loss of legal
status.

Have you checked the LR to see if the covenants are listed there? If not,
I don't see them being legally enforcable. The LR is the only
authoritative record for any registered land or property.

Waving old deeds about just says that there was, at one time, a covenant
in place. It doesn't say anything about what might have happened to that
covenant later.