Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default End Of Run Switch To New Outlet

On 01/26/2014 05:34 AM, micky wrote:

You are right...there could be a 'cold' wire in the box...
I jumped to a conclusion because /usually/ there is not.

I think the OP should call an electrician as this is /very/ basic
and if he does not understand it...should not be dealing with it.

I think so too.

However, he should not feel bad about it.

When I was in engineering school, one of my room-mates made the same
mistake when trying to wire a switch to an outlet and I had to fix it
for him.

He went on to be on the design team for the CT-scanner at GE (Fast
Fourier transform development)
and later on the design team for the Cray-1 computer. (Logic designer)
He really was quite brilliant.

I ended up being an engineering "flunky" in the industrial
battery-charger business where I did not work with anything more hi-tech
than hi-frequency conversion and IGBT's.