Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane prices?

IGot2P wrote:
I usually contract our heating propane (850 gal.) and have normally
came out on top. Well, this past fall they wanted $1.699/gal. to
contract and at that time it was only $1.499 off the truck so I
simply topped off both tanks...500 gal. tank for house and 250 gal.
tank for the shop/garage. As you are aware this winter has been
dramatically colder than normal thus we have used significantly more
propane plus there is somewhat of a propane shortage (real or
imagined). I just called to make sure that they filled both tanks
before we leave for Florida next week and the current price is a
whopping $2.69/gal.! So much for not contracting. :-(

This is in SE Iowa where propane is normally reasonably priced. Anyone
else have any recent prices?

All the wood I can burn for the cost of gas and chain lube . Labor's free
if you call it "aerobic exercise" and I've lost almost 14 pounds so far .
Now to be completely honest , I did do some repairs to a neighbor's 4
wheeler in exchange for a cord of split wood ...
OK , talked to a neighbor today that knows someone that was limited in his
purchase of LPG due to shortages . Guy was only allowed to purchase a
hundred gallons , which will be used in less than a month if recent weather
continues . I didn't get a price for this purchase . I just hope my supplier
is still at 15 bucks per 20 pounder . We only use it to cook and I have a
couple of full tanks on hand , but ... ya never know .
--
Snag