Posted to alt.home.repair
james james is offline

Default End Of Run Switch To New Outlet

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 20:01:18 -0600, philo* wrote
(in article ):

On 01/25/2014 06:52 PM, James wrote:
How do I do this? I have done some wiring work (safely). My thought was to
disconnect the hot wire from the switch and run it to the outlet with the
new wire (black conductor of course), then run the white wire from the
outlet
recoded as black to the switch. Will ground everything properly. The
switch
only controls a small outside light. Is this the right way to do it ?

TIA,
James

That is wrong, the outlet simply needs to go in parallel with the
outside light. If you don't know how to do that, call a licensed
electrician.

I think I understand. Pigtail the always on hot wire to the switch and run
hot from that connection to the outlet. Pigtail neutral wire to the switch
and attach neutral from outlet. Is that right?