Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT need step by step on this alternator/pulley/belt replacement

On Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:46:52 AM UTC-5, Lab Lover wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:51:43 -0700, RobertMacy wrote:

This is a 1977 Mercedes 280SE

belt, alternator, & pulley need replacing. everything is behind 2 other

belts, so...

any step by step instructions [maybe with photos], no video, just pics

somewhere on the internet?

Looks easy enough, but want to make sure there's no 'gotcha' half way

through it.

Have you seen this?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

Or these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Ser...item417795636b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-BEN...3ea847&vxp=mtr

I have the original manuals for the 116 series, but I have the 300SD
and the alternator is part of the engine, which is in a separate manual,
so I don't have it for the gas engine.
If you buy one of those, just make sure that it includes the manual
for the engine, not just the 116 chassis.

Those cars are basic and the alternator is easy to get to. If you
can see the bolts holding it and it looks clear how it comes off,
I wouldn't be worried about doing it without the manual.

As I side thing, I've always wondered how people are selling
all kinds of auto manufacturer's manuals online on CD's. You
would think this is copyrighted and they would be busted.