Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor (follow up)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:45:58 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/23/2014 8:39 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I had a set of collars the slipped on both metal and masonry bits and
were held in place with a set screw. Another thing that works for depth
control is a stack of fender washers on the bit. It gives you a positive
stop when using a hammer drill on a concrete wall to keep you from
drilling through to the other side. ^_^

Hmm, a good idea I can steal, if I ever do any
work again... Of course in my world I would need
eight washers and only have five. Then drop one
into some place where it would never be found.

Buy a box of 100. o_O

That's always been my plan (but getting increasingly difficult to do).
I probably have 20 boxes of 92 (in every size) around the house,
somewhere.