Wally

Default Drill press mortising Jig

The key here is the following:

1. Are you planning to use your DP attachment rarely?
2. Do you have a good DP?

If your answered yes to both questions, it may be worth it but if
you're planning on using it often, then you're better off with a
mortiser. On the other hand, using a router which is probably the best
way, you'll need to build a very precise jig or better, buy one...
They aren't cheap.... 650$ and +

Hope this helps,

Wally

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:41:01 -0400, wrote:

I'm considering buying a DP mortising jig.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortmen...rtment=primary
Does anyone have experience using one. The price at Canadian Tire is
$50 reg $80. I own a good Dewalt 621 plunge router and a freud table
top and fence. Would I be better of using my router with a good
mortising bit.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards Mark