Michael McNeil

Default Cutting Mitres

Are you serious? You can't be serious can you. Someone tell me he
isn't serious.

To start with you are restricted with the size of cuts you make. The
blade is crap and the ammount of teeth you can use that contact the
timber is about half the blade. This leads to uneven wear and getting
a new blade is a PITB.

The board method allows you to nail stops or put easily recognised
marks on it to do repetitive cuts at the same size and you can throw
it away after use, leaving you with a perfectly good saw for other
purposes.

I would suggest it is fine for picture framing where fine teeth are
required for occasional use. But cutting 4 and 5 inch skirting? No Mr
Wallop. You are not serious. (You had me going for a moment there
though.)