Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Windows, not the PC type

On 01/24/2014 04:20 PM, Meanie wrote:
I'm in need to home windows and thus far had three quotes, two for
Marvin Integrity line and one for Pella Impervia line. They are both
more on the expensive side but I feel secure knowing I will have good
windows without worry, other than installation concern.

I just returned from a home improvement show and gathered more
information and names of window retailers for more estimates. It has me
thinking of considering other window brands, such as a local company
called Wallside, which has a good reputation with their windows.
Therefore, I'm wondering what are the general consensus of other brand
windows which anyone has good experience with and would share their input.

Thanks

I went to Window World and had most of my windows replaced.
Now that it's winter, I'm glad ...as there is no more problem with
drafts. They put them in fast and left my house a bit cleaner than it
was when they got here.

Of course , considering that my house was built in 1898 and the windows
were original...probably anything would have been an improvement.

I just looked at the Wallside webpage, they look very similar to the
ones I purchased. I paid about $300 each for mine so if they give you a
better price than that I'd probably go with that.