Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Conan Doyle Arthur Conan Doyle is offline

Default Simple TV antenna work better than big one

dpb wrote:

The interesting thing here is that the OTA stations have stayed on the
VHF band after the switchover...I don't know why that is; perhaps that's
cheaper as avoids some other initial startup costs I'd presume likely?

VHF covers a much wider area and gets better building penetration than UHF. Not
sure what criteria was used for deciding who got to stay in VHF. In fact, I seem
to recall that during the transition, some stations moved up to UHF temporarily
before moving back down into VHF. Some additional detail he
http://www.antennasdirect.com/faqs.html