Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Telegraph pole stay

On Friday 24 January 2014 13:54 Tim Lamb wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In message , Huge
writes
Hmm, I would have thought that there would be more than enough
buried pole to resist any small lateral loads imposed by a ladder.

There are 11 phone poles down my drive supporting phone cables (not
power). None of the are stayed, except where the line goes round a
corner (and not always then.)

I once *hedge trimmed* a stay on an 11kV corner post! Very surprising
how much the poles bent and how quickly a repair team were on site.

No charge on that occasion:-)

I assume by "hedge trimmer" you mean one of those big *******s on a
tractor that can chop small trees in half?

http://www.sensorly.com/ Crowd mapping of 2G/3G/4G mobile signal
coverage