Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I need to make a chisel plane

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:24:04 PM UTC-8, woodchucker wrote:
I have a router bit that does door faces, contemporary

I need to clean it up to remove scallops.. thought about sanding but

would rather start with a plane.

I don't have a plane with a 1.25 width.

I am thinking of making a chisel plane, a rabbeting plane to get to the

edges. I think I want bevel down, but the problem is that my chisels

all taper, and are beveled.

Am I better of setting the back and doing a bevel up?

Any one else make a chisel plane. Looking to do this quickly to finish

the faces..

I only did a test cut for now.

Trying different styles of door/drawer faces.

--

Jeff

Huh? I would just buy something from Festool that makes lots of noise and dust and stuff. Should fix you right up for just a few hun.