Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Urinal Drain Capacity

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 04:40:22 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

If someone was visiting my house and found a clogged drain, I sure wouldn't
want them "taking charge" and pouring chemicals into the drain without
informing me first.

Absolutely not.

I was a summer sub-subtenant of a guy with a piano, and I was scared to
to even repair his piano without permission, but he was in Europe and I
didn't know where. Of course I could have asked my
roommate/landladies,, who wer emere subtenants of his, but I was afraid
they'd say no. (The reason I chose this apt. was the piano.)

I moved at the end of the summer and a month later got a phone call,
"Are you the one who stayed here this past summer?" Yes. "And are you
the one who fiddled with my piano?" Yeeeesss. "I want to thank you
for fixing it."

His 2-year old daughter had been dropping pennies in the keyboard and
several keys didn't work.

But I didnt' use any chemicals, and I knew I could put it back together
without harming it, even if I didnt' fix it.

And he couldnt' fire me if things didn't work out right.