Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor (follow up)

Why not just put the tape flag on the bit?

SM: Too obvious. I could also note by how much flute is showing, on
the side of the bit.

I had a set of collars the slipped on both metal and masonry bits and
were held in place with a set screw. Another thing that works for depth
control is a stack of fender washers on the bit. It gives you a positive
stop when using a hammer drill on a concrete wall to keep you from
drilling through to the other side. ^_^

TDD

Yes, either of those can work. In my case, I oughta
just kept an eye on the flutes, and see how far the
bit was in. Sigh. I'm learning.

--
..
Christopher A. Young