Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default CR2023? CR2032 Batteries

In message ,
writes
I could swear the battery I removed was 2023 but when I went to the store
I pulled out a 2032 which might have gotten confused when I looked for
2023. But the 2032 I bought fit into the socket.

The computer in question still has CMOS errors,
so I'm wondering if I popped the wrong battery in.
But it fit perfectly in the socket.

THis is a 1995 Gateway (GW2k) P5-75 CMOS battery.

If it was 2023 I lost the 2023. Are they similar enough? Is there any way to
check which one was used by Gateway? (I had found a completely different one
online when I searched a few months ago which is why I was susprised which
one I found)

Is this thread still active? If so, just a bit of information.

Just last week I was in a shop, looking for a CR2032 among all the other
batteries. Those on the hook marked CR2032 all appeared to be 2023
(which I've never heard of), shown vertically on the lower right side of
the dual pack. It then spotted CR2032 written horizontally and slightly
smaller, at the top left corner of the pack. I then realised that 2023
was the 'best before' date!
--
Ian