TeamCasa

Default best method to mitre cut board

Marton

Learn to do the mortise and tenon. Miters are not typically strong enough
for a bed.
You can also use the loose tenon joint witht the tools you already have.

Dave

"Marton Czebe" wrote in message
om...
hi group,

as my very first serious WW project, I'm planning to build a bed. I'd
be keen on using the knowledge and experience of the group to avoid
serious (and costly) mistakes.

The first problem where I'm stuck:
How to cut 45 degree mitres on the ends of a 90 x 7.8 x 1.5 inch
board, along the height of 7.8 inches with a 1.5 inch thickness?

Note that I'm almost a complete beginner, but still, I don't want to
go with mortise and tenon joint.

The boards are beech, I have handtools, bandsaw, plunge router.

Should I take it to a pro with a router table, or are there other
ways?

Thanks for your input:
Marton Czebe