Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane prices?

On 1/22/2014 1:27 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

The local newspaper had a story on this today. From the article:

U.S. supplies of propane have fallen to the lowest level for January
since 2001 as the country is shipping record levels of propane and
propylene abroad from new export terminals on the Gulf Coast.

Spot propane at the Conway, Kan., trading hub jumped 70 cents to $2.45 a
barrel, the highest since at least January 2008. Wholesale prices at the
Mid-America Pipeline Co. terminal in Conway ranged from $2.16 to $2.62 a
gallon, the most in records going back to 2007.

“Two months ago, I would have told you the United States had the lowest
propane price in the world except for Saudi Arabia,” Joe Rose, president
of Propane Gas Association of New England, said. “Now in the last week,
that price has just gone crazy.”

It's bad for the US consumer, but it's good for the US balance of trade.

I know a couple people who heat with propane. That's got to hurt.
--
..
Christopher A. Young