Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
SMS SMS is offline

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

On 1/22/2014 6:07 AM, wrote:

Walgreens is just BLAH in that
regard. Every store is the same it seems...... But that seems to be the
case with all chain stores. Walmart is like that too, but at least they
dont play all those games and require cards and forms to fill out. What
it says on the shelf is what I pay, and I like it that way.

As others have pointed out, there is no requirement to provide a real
name, address, or phone number to get the card, and many people use
bogus (and creative) names. A good list of some names to use is at
http://www.cartalk.com/content/staff-credits. Or take an Indian name
such as Mr. Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta or Mr.
Wolfe*schlegel*stein*hausen*berger*dorff. Unfortunately, Walgreen's
doesn't call you by name, like Safeway does, when they hand you your
receipt.

For all the criticism of Walmart, you point something out that I've also
noticed about them--they don't play those games. They don't have loyalty
cards. They don't change prices if you buy multiples of the same item.
They don't have sale prices even when they put out ad circulars (but
they do match competitors prices). Walmart hasn't tried to go "boutique"
like Target. You can still buy motor oil, sporting goods, camping gear,
thread, and other useful stuff.