Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Humidifier and vapor question

In my three bedroom trailer, I've got a floor model
humidifier. I have to feed it at least two gal of
water d ay, to keep the indoor air comfortable.
Maybe even more than that.

From my old fire science days, I remember that water
vaporizes, and increases 1800 times volume.

That means I'm putting 3600 gal a day of vapor into
my trailer. Some condenses on the inside of windows,
but not two gal per day worth. I wonder where the
rest of that vapor goes? I don't have any windows
cranked open, and I'm not holding the door open all
day.

Makes me wonder what I can do, to reduce the air and
heat loss?

--
..
Christopher A. Young