Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

On 1/22/2014 8:17 AM, wrote:
I'm glad my home town still has a small local pharmacy. There are a few
stores in the area, and that's it. These huge chain stores are getting
way too big. I'm elderly, and I have paid in cash all my life, except
for large purchases, when I will use a check. I am extremely annoyed by
having to run around hoops to buy something. I hate playing games with
money too. It's always pennies, and my time is too valuable to me, to
waste it playing stupid games, for mere pennies. It's like rebates. If
a rebate is for $10 or more, I may send it, but I've gotten them for
$1.00. What's the point? A postage stamp costs around a half dollar
now, and I have to pay for envelopes, and then I have to waste my time
filling out forms. It's not worth it. In the end, I might actually be
a quarter ahead. Not worth the hassle, or my time!

I'll be sure to avoid CVS knowing they do this too. I've never seen a
Rite Aid store, they are probably not in my region.

Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens all look about the same
from the outside, and the floor layout is much the
same. Basic brick building, with door at one corner.
I've wondered if they are all in the same corporate
structure?

--
..
Christopher A. Young