Brian

Default Rikon 18" Bandsaw

I'd be curious to hear what they had to say about the Woodtek, if you
wouldn't mind.

Thanks.

Brian.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
.com...
Brian wrote:

That's fine. I'm just trying to point out another option in your price
range. Did Fine Woodworking include the Woodtek in their writeup?

Yes, they looked at the Woodtek 118-199, along with the Agazzani,

Bridgewood,
Craftsman, Delta, General, Grizzly, Jet, Laguna, Lobo, and Rikon (all 18"
models). They found the Bridgewood PBS 440 and the Laguna LT18SE the best
overall and the Rikon the best value. The best overall cost 2-3 times what

the
Rikon does.

This is not to say that the other saws were deficient. The bitches had

more to
do with the ease of changing and adjusting blades and frame deflection.

BTW, the article puts the street price of the Woodtek about $100 more than

that
of the Rikon (they say $900). List price is higher, of course.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com