Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Replacing a door knob

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:45:55 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Are you sure you actually remember how it performed 30 years ago? A gradual
degradation of performance over a 30 year period might not be noticed by
the user unless a side by side comparison of new vs. 30 years old could be
done.

My Kwikset front door locks were working just as well when they were 29
years old as when I bought the house and they were 4 years old.

Unfortunately the hospital lost my keyring, and to get into the house, a
friend drilled one of the locks out and replaced both the slamlock and
the deadbolt.

I feel like I perform just as well as I did 30 years ago, but there's a
good chance my wife might have a different opinion. Of course, I don't plan
on having her do any comparisons to find out. ;-)

There's a lot more to go wrong with you or me than with a lock.