Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning a telephone and other electronics

On 1/21/2014 6:14 PM, RobertMacy wrote:

I've had excellent performance from a quaternary compound used to
sanitize patient examination rooms, [which means kills stuff but not
people or pets] made by Brulins in Indiana, called Unicide 256. You
actually mix it 256:1 and the resulting diluted compound is equivalent
to full strength bleach in its killing power. The stuff is absolutely
amazing, you can polish metal with it, remove paint, do all kinds of
things. Check at your local janitorial supply they probably sell it. I
usually buy it wholesale directly from Brulins, from memory it's around
$128+ for a case of four gallon jugs. We go through it faster than I
like, because I can't get wife to mix more dilute than 10:1 or so! She
soaks her jewelry in it, for cleaning. Doesn't harm stones, metal, etc,
actually polishes the metal to where her rings look like they went
through a jeweler's ultrasonic cleaner. Oh, yeah, before saving any
coins, I drop coins in a small tray of the stuff. Shiney in no time. A
penny goes from dull brown to mintlike finish in around 30 seconds, too
long and yecch!

So, why do you leave the full strength stuff around?

--
..
Christopher A. Young