Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Unsolderable wire?

dave wrote:

The easiest way to spot good headend cable was to try to bend it. It
drapes, like mic cable; not stiff.

The easiest way was to look at the imprint: 'Belden headend cable'.

It's easier to find in the dark if you feel for it. I knew a lot of CATV
people, including the Chief Head End Technician at Time Warner in
Houston; and we prized the supple stuff for personal use.

I had a full 1000' spool stolen from me.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.